- Meet Chef Marcien Rusuriye
- This Week's Menu
- Pricing , Orders and Pickup
Dear New Customers:
When I first started The Neighborhood Gourmet, all of my customers were friends and neighbors. Now, as my business is expanding, I do not know everyone as well and realize many of you do not know me or my background.
I was born and raised in Burundi, in Central Africa. For cooking, I mostly have been self-taught. I served as the head chef at the American Embassy in Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi. I served under seven different U.S. Ambassadors, including Bob Krueger, who as you may know, is from New Braunfels.
While in Burundi, I had the privilege to cook for both Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter during their African visits. Because of violent turmoil in Burundi, sadly I had to leave in 1996.
My wife Pascasie and I, with six of our ten children, spent about 3 years in Botswana, and then in December of 1999 moved to New Braunfels as political refugees. Happily, we love our new home and our new community.
In 2005 I proudly became a U.S. Citizen, as have many of my children. I am excited about The Neighborhood Gourmet and the opportunity to provide a variety of healthy, home-cooked meals for my new friends in New Braunfels.
Thank you for your support and friendship.
Chef Marcien Rusuriye
- Is tomorrow going to be a busy day & you have no idea what to make for Dinner ?
- Are you tired ?
- Need a Day Off from cooking ?
Let Marcien cook Tomorrow's Dinner !
Call (830) 626 - 3359
This Week's Menu
Monday September 7
I am off till September 7
Tuesday September 8
Friday September 1
Monday--- Friday -September
Thank you very much for your support
Chef Marcien Rusuriye
305 Cross River
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Email your order Here
When ordering, please look for a confirmation email that your order was received. If you do not get a reply in a reasonable amount of time, please call 626-3359 to check on your order. From now on, every order will be confirmed. You may pay with cash or a local check. Unless noted differently, prices including sales taxes are:
- Meat dishes, with two sides = $ 16.00 for two servings, or $ 30.00 for four servings
- Beef Rib Eye or NY Beef Loin trip = 1 serving will cost $10.00
- One quart of soup = $ 13.00
- Dessert cake or Fruit salad = $2.50 per serving
Please note that all prices now include sales tax. I will try to keep my prices constant, but if any menu item ever costs more or less, I will note a special price.
If you are a new customer, please read "Meet Chef Marcien Rusuriye."
A few REMINDERS:
- Please place your order by 9 p.m. the day before so I have time to
complete the shopping.
- Please pick up your order after Noon and by 6 p.m. - at :
305 Cross River , off Union St.
New Braunfels, TX
- If you would like to be removed from the list, please send me an email.
- If you ever have any suggestions, please call 830-626-3359 or email.
View Neighborhood Gourmet on a Map