- Meet Chef Marcien Rusuriye
- This Week's Menu
- Pricing , Orders and Pickup
Dear New Customers:
When I first started The Neighborhood Gourmet, all of my customers were friends and neighbors. Now, as my business is expanding, I do not know everyone as well and realize many of you do not know me or my background.
I was born and raised in Burundi, in Central Africa. For cooking, I mostly have been self-taught. I served as the head chef at the American Embassy in Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi. I served under seven different U.S. Ambassadors, including Bob Krueger, who as you may know, is from New Braunfels.
While in Burundi, I had the privilege to cook for both Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter during their African visits. Because of violent turmoil in Burundi, sadly I had to leave in 1996.
My wife Pascasie and I, with six of our ten children, spent about 3 years in Botswana, and then in December of 1999 moved to New Braunfels as political refugees. Happily, we love our new home and our new community.
In 2005 I proudly became a U.S. Citizen, as have many of my children. I am excited about The Neighborhood Gourmet and the opportunity to provide a variety of healthy, home-cooked meals for my new friends in New Braunfels.
Thank you for your support and friendship.
Chef Marcien Rusuriye
- Is tomorrow going to be a busy day & you have no idea what to make for Dinner ?
- Are you tired ?
- Need a Day Off from cooking ?
Let Marcien cook Tomorrow's Dinner !
Call (830) 626 - 3359
This Week's Menu
Monday March 10
1. Balsamic baked chicken breast gravy
2. Sallisbury steak / mushrooms sauce
3 Seared tilapia a la meunier ( French cuisine and light))
4. Crispy chicken topped with cranberries sauce
5.Breaded herb pork chops gratine
6. Tempura shrimps with tartar sauce
Side dish: Brown rice pilaf, double baked potato, steam broccoli, lemon spinach
Tuesday March 11
1. Chicken Parmesan
2. Meat loaf –marinara sauce
3. Marinated lemon pepper chicken/lemon capre sauce
4. Beef tip sauté with mushrooms and bell pepper
5.Pork medaillion with apple and apple cider sauce
6. Chicken stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese –with supreme sauce
7.Greek style baked bass sway fish with capre sauce
Side dishes. Noodles, rice , sautéed red potatoes, herb Green beans, zucchini squash saute
Wednesday March 12
Thursday March 13
1. Scaloppini Chicken –mushrooms sauce a side
2. Almond crusted salmon fillet fish /lemon pepper sauce
3. Baked herb chicken -- gravy chicken 4 .Chicken fried steak with country sauce
5. Roast pork loin with cream mustard sauce
6. Crepes stuffed chicken with cheese sauce
7.Baked Sea bass fillet fish with basil cream
Side dishes: rice /onion. Garlic mashed potatoes ; buttered green peas , lemon carrots
Friday March 14
1. Ham and provolone stuffed chicken breast or(use the turkey instead of ham
2. Roasted herb pork loin /mustard cream sauce
3. Roasted herb chicken – chicken gravy
4. Grilled Beef loin strip /mushrooms sauce
5. Seared salmon with lemon pepper sauce
6. Chicken and apple pecan salad
7. Puff pastry stuffed chicken a la King ,or cream puff stuffed (Choice)
Side dishes: noodles, rice pilaf. Scallop potatoes, Green beans sauté , cream spinach
Monday-Fri March 10-14
The cost will be. $30.00 for 4 servings and $16 .00 for 2 servings. Including tax
Beef loin strip -$20 for 2 serving and $40.00 for 4 servings
Soup. $ 13.00 a quart including. Tax
Dessert for this week: – chocolate cake- lemon meringue pie $2.50 a serving
Soup: Tomato basil cream soup, -black bean and corn soup--chicken corn chowder
We welcome the special order .Thank you
Thank you very much for your support
Chef Marcien Rusuriye
305 Cross River
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Email your order Here
When ordering, please look for a confirmation email that your order was received. If you do not get a reply in a reasonable amount of time, please call 626-3359 to check on your order. From now on, every order will be confirmed. You may pay with cash or a local check. Unless noted differently, prices including sales taxes are:
- Meat dishes, with two sides = $ 16.00 for two servings, or $ 30.00 for four servings
- Beef Rib Eye or NY Beef Loin trip = 1 serving will cost $10.00
- One quart of soup = $ 13.00
- Dessert cake or Fruit salad = $2.50 per serving
Please note that all prices now include sales tax. I will try to keep my prices constant, but if any menu item ever costs more or less, I will note a special price.
If you are a new customer, please read "Meet Chef Marcien Rusuriye."
A few REMINDERS:
- Please place your order by 9 p.m. the day before so I have time to
complete the shopping.
- Please pick up your order after Noon and by 6 p.m. - at :
305 Cross River , off Union St.
New Braunfels, TX
- If you would like to be removed from the list, please send me an email.
- If you ever have any suggestions, please call 830-626-3359 or email.
View Neighborhood Gourmet on a Map