- Meet Chef Marcien Rusuriye
- This Week's Menu
- Pricing , Orders and Pickup
Dear New Customers:
When I first started The Neighborhood Gourmet, all of my customers were friends and neighbors. Now, as my business is expanding, I do not know everyone as well and realize many of you do not know me or my background.
I was born and raised in Burundi, in Central Africa. For cooking, I mostly have been self-taught. I served as the head chef at the American Embassy in Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi. I served under seven different U.S. Ambassadors, including Bob Krueger, who as you may know, is from New Braunfels.
While in Burundi, I had the privilege to cook for both Presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter during their African visits. Because of violent turmoil in Burundi, sadly I had to leave in 1996.
My wife Pascasie and I, with six of our ten children, spent about 3 years in Botswana, and then in December of 1999 moved to New Braunfels as political refugees. Happily, we love our new home and our new community.
In 2005 I proudly became a U.S. Citizen, as have many of my children. I am excited about The Neighborhood Gourmet and the opportunity to provide a variety of healthy, home-cooked meals for my new friends in New Braunfels.
Thank you for your support and friendship.
Chef Marcien Rusuriye
- Is tomorrow going to be a busy day & you have no idea what to make for Dinner ?
- Are you tired ?
- Need a Day Off from cooking ?
Let Marcien cook Tomorrow's Dinner !
Call (830) 626 - 3359
This Week's Menu
Sunday April 20
1Baked ham with honey and lemon glazed
2.Grilled beef loin – black pepper sauce
3.Chicken cordon blue.supreme sauce
4. Herb roasted pork loin with honey mustard sauce
5. Seared marinated chicken breast topped with cranberry sauce
Side dishes : Sauté red potato, green beans casserole , Rice pilaf ,Mix vegetables ,mix salad
Dessert:Coconut cream pie , pecan pie , chocolate cake
Monday April 21
1.Balsamic baked chicken breast / Chicken gravy
2.Salisbury steak / beef gravy
3.Fried tilapia fish fillet with tartar sauce
4.Meat balls and spaghetti
5.Medaillion pork topped with apple
6.Chicken and barley salad
Side dishes :Saute red potatoes ,brown rice , green beans ,lemon spinach
Tuesday April 22
1. Chicken parmigiano (new recipe )
2. Meat loaf /gravy
3.Baked sea base fish topped with cherries tomato - tomato capre sauce
4.Pan-seared chicken breast with olives and feta
5. Pork scaloppini- mushrooms cream sauce
6.Corn bread dressing stuffed chicken breast-supreme sauce
Side dish: Spanish rice , noodles ,Garlic mashed potatoes ,tomato sautéed green beans tomato .Sautéed zucchini and belle pepper
Wednesday April 23
1.Almond crusted salmon –provincale sauce
2. Roasted pork loin crusted grain mustard – cream mustard sauce
3. Roasted herb chicken with chicken gravy
4.Chicken fajita –fajita vegetables –white tortilla –tomato salsa
Side dishes : Cream spinach , lemon carrots, rice pilaf , garlic mashed potato, garden salad with dressing
Thursday April 24
1.Morocan tagine chicken -serve with couscous
2.Cheddar cheese jalapeno stuffed chicken breast
3.Indian chicken curry
4.Sauteed beef tips with mushrooms and belle peeper
5. Lemon pepper salmon –capre lemon sauce
6 .Roasted herb pork loin glaze with honey and grain mustard
Side dishes: rice /onion . Mashed red potatoes ; Mix vegetables , broccoli casserole
Friday April 25--
1. Cream cheese cilantro stuffed chicken breast
2. Seared herb salmon with tomato caper sauce
4.Grilled Beef loin /mushrooms sauce
5.Chicken and apples and pecans nuts salad
6.Spinach and ricotta cheese stuffed pork loin -
7.Chicken a la Greek style
Side dishes: noodle rice pilaf . Scallop potatoes, cream spinach ,steamed broccoli
The cost will be. $30.00 for 4 servings and $16 .00 for 2 servings. Including tax Beef loin strip- beef rib eye $20 for 2 serving and $40.00 for 4 servings Soup. $ 13.00 a quart including Tax
Soup for this week: Potato soup, Basil tomato cream soup -
Dessert for this week : coconut cake --peach cobbler –chocolate cake –cream cheese lemon cake
Price - $2.50 a serving -$15.00 pie or cake
Thank you very much for your support
Chef Marcien Rusuriye
305 Cross River
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Email your order Here
When ordering, please look for a confirmation email that your order was received. If you do not get a reply in a reasonable amount of time, please call 626-3359 to check on your order. From now on, every order will be confirmed. You may pay with cash or a local check. Unless noted differently, prices including sales taxes are:
- Meat dishes, with two sides = $ 16.00 for two servings, or $ 30.00 for four servings
- Beef Rib Eye or NY Beef Loin trip = 1 serving will cost $10.00
- One quart of soup = $ 13.00
- Dessert cake or Fruit salad = $2.50 per serving
Please note that all prices now include sales tax. I will try to keep my prices constant, but if any menu item ever costs more or less, I will note a special price.
If you are a new customer, please read "Meet Chef Marcien Rusuriye."
A few REMINDERS:
- Please place your order by 9 p.m. the day before so I have time to
complete the shopping.
- Please pick up your order after Noon and by 6 p.m. - at :
305 Cross River , off Union St.
New Braunfels, TX
- If you would like to be removed from the list, please send me an email.
- If you ever have any suggestions, please call 830-626-3359 or email.
View Neighborhood Gourmet on a Map